Please login first on the right. Guides will know the login and password required from the information on the login box to the right (or below on a small screen)
This is a personal repository of useful information concerning guide training at Gloucester Cathedral.
It is culled from books, the official guiding course and from my own photographs. Thanks are due to many other guides but particularly to the the Fount of All Guide Knowledge, Derek Conaty.
This site is in no way officially connected with Gloucester Cathedral or its guides.
- The History section covers both the history of the cathedral and of associated monarchs together with a hopefully useful timeline to bring the two together
- The Architecture section covers the main periods of architecture and is heavily illustrated with cathedral photographs
- Glass and monuments covers what it says on the tin!
- The Cathedral section brings these all together, area by area
- Practical guiding includes hints and tips on good guiding
- External Links that I have found useful are also included
There is a useful Virtual Tour of the Cathedral available on the Cathedral website here
NB Click on any image for a larger view
Site last updated: Saturday 28 May 2022